Monday, April 10, 2006

spring knitty is up!

i have some response (+, -, !) to it, but in-depth review, commentary, and altogether highly subjective and taste-tinged writings on the patterns forthcoming, by yours truly.

however, in a clicking haze, i meandered to morehouse farm merino and found this gorgonian shawl.

if you take away the gallery-owner shawl-like styling and scrunch it up into a massive scarf, i think it is a gorgeously fun thingy to drown your tender neck in. not only is the name of the pattern awesome (ai! medusa!), but it reminds me a lot of diana's mathematical scarves. the colour choices for the kit are all lovey-worthy: soft white, black, charcoal, and salmon. the white is cute but sort of reminds me boiled beef tripe. (tasty.) the black would be elegant but a little blah. charcoal would be more interesting, especially if it has a slight sheen, and salmon would be über-tasty... i know because i have three scarves in that colour!

turning in my thesis is a prerequisite to starting anything in laceweight. make that known now!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nadira said...

Oooh! I love it! I have never been attracted to men's sweaters (boring + huge = not for me), but lately they've been catching my eye. A coworker of mine at my new job (who is probably only two or three years younger than me but whose cheeks I still want to pinch) has this oatmeal tweed saddle-shouldered sweater I just want to feel up. But I'll bet feeling up his sweater while he's wearing it and asking him to take it off would both violate company policy. :)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

That's a unique scarf/shawl. I can totally see you wearing it!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Reese said...

thanks a LOT. now i want to make something like that. in scarf form of course because shawl is too.. bleh. what weight do you think it's in?

7:57 AM  
Blogger Reese said...

why must i perpetually ask questions before clicking links? this is TWICE in the past 20 minutes. someone stop me.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

That is quite the shawl/scarf ... yah I like it in salmon, but might be too hip for me. M-m-m-m, but a shawl maybe -- nah. I wasn't too impressed with knitty this time, except for the little girl's sweater. (lol, for a grandchild)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home