Thursday, April 06, 2006

the small, overlooked moments of the day. patterns. rituals. the same paths, methods, particulars. routine is comforting, efficient, learned.

i take the bus every morning. i've gotten to the point where i personally experience milgram's familiar strangers, and my ears perk at the distinct squeal of brakes approaching from seven blocks away. each day, to start anew.

i've created a waiting for the bus (series) to catalogue small discoveries and unexpecteds. this image, taken this morning, is one of my favourites. the stain becomes alive, a creature long-limbed-ly insouciant.

1 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Familiar stranger project is interesting, but I find that I know more about my familiar strangers when they're using cell phones. So, in some way, it brings us closer. Just a thought.

Great photo!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home