Saturday, March 18, 2006


i just got a call from my mom, who is attending some alpaca festival or something in maryland. she got some yarn for me (yay thanks, mommy!), and to my delight they are handspun from some local alpaca breeders. the hanks are from millstone manor (i believe it's the white baby alpaca 2-ply sport weight), and from prairie lake alpacas. they're natural and probably too beautiful to dye with my rudimentary kool-aid skills, but we shall see.

i do know of this woolapalooza going on at drumlin farm in april. anyone planning on going?

p.s. more culinary episodic tales to come. i got a new toy for the kitchen! hint: it's unnecessarily digital.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

alpaca goodness... mmm lucky you

hope you are having fun in your kitchen. I've just taken some biscotti out of the oven and they are tantilising me with their smell.

don't eat till they've cooled and hardened, don't eat till they've cooled and hardened, don't eat till they've cooled and hardened...

3:16 PM  
Blogger String Bean said...

Oooo, I love alpaca yarn. I have some variegated green I still have to knit (hat or mittens, not sure...)
I'm guessing that your new kitchen tool is a digital thermometer. Celsius and fahrenheit? The porsche of thermometers. Zoooom...

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home