Monday, May 01, 2006

whatever you do, do not use this product.

say no to Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub.

i picked this cleanser up from the drugstore several weeks ago, my first time trying this particular product (but i'm not a stranger to scrubs), and have been washing my face with it daily. i can find no real fault with its cleaning abilities, but the microdermabrasion beads are overkill in number and are obstinately non-dissolving. i have, for the second time, gone to the eye services at the university medical services to scourge a 'foreign object' from my eye. the first time, a couple weeks ago, i felt a teeny yet annoying discomfort in my eye, and the doctor found two clear glass beads under my left eyelid with a bit of scratching on my cornea (which soon healed after the things were removed). this morning i felt a similar sensation in my right eye, and although the doctor didn't find anything to remove, i imagine it might have just fallen out after she flipped my lid (literally). still really really annoying.

when i get home i'm going to trash this thing and never use it again. am i an atypical user, or are there legions of people out there with foreign objects in their eyes? *blink*

3 Comments:

Blogger Reese said...

oh scrubs... i love them, but the whole eye issue is a problem. i use them in the shower hence a better flush mechanism, but i'm sure those times i had eye irritation was due to the goddamn scrub. the pink face scrub (the name/brand escapes me) is pretty good. it's a clear gel like thing with pink and white and clear balls in suspension. did i just use suspension in a comment? i need to stop.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

i had exact same problem with that a few years back. the body shop exfoliating things are too much for me too

i find porriage mixed with a bit of salt works really well. not everyday, but great.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I take it, this happens from using the scrub on your forehead? You shouldn't be scrubbing around your eyes... only use cream for removing eye makeup.
I never used those scrubs, but I'm wondering... how about using one of those rubber eye covers while washing your face & forehead? Remove it only after rinsing the scrub off real good. This might help avoid the eye irritation.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home