Saturday, February 18, 2006

sigh. i love closure.

as for the james coviello jacket, pun is intended. :)

remember this fitting pickle i was in? i looked like an inflated drummer boy. with the magic of double-face gunmetal satin ribbon, i could simultaneously cinch the bulk of the jacket inwards, and clasp it close with shiny shiny.



(above: the bathroom series #23)

i got many compliments on the grey bohemoth today, including staff at the list and a totally random diner at mary chung. (cong you bing, mmmm...) the sweater also provokes an interesting reaction from orkan. it goes something like this:

o: *tickles christine by poking her, especially right under the arms*

me: *violently ticklish and laughing* hey, stop it! *trying to flee*

o: christine, i cant help it.

me: what are you talking about?

o: that sweater.

me: what about it?

o: it just invites, no, entreats me to do that to you.

me: why?

o: because you look like a sheep!

me: okay. and...

o: that's what you do to sheep. you reach behind them and POKE them to tickle!

me: *totally weirded out*

o: what? didn't you grow up with sheep around, poking them too?

me: ....

o: anyway, i'm not really allowed to tickle you. that's nick's privilege.

niknak: *pokes christine into violent tickles*


* * *

so that's the last chapter of the long-winded tale of the jacket, and probably the last you'll hear extensively of it on my blog. but i'm super happy on how it turned out!

let me know if you ever need a bobble, i think i have plenty to spare...

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Today it's cold enough that you'll really appreciate that jacket, bobbles and all.... LOL, I really like that jacket on you. Keep warm & knitting!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Sour Duck said...

Your sweater turned out lovely! The addition of the ribbon gave it that final hip touch. ;)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

bee-YOO-tee-ful!!! Isn't it funny how, right up to the finishing touch, a piece can jes' give you the heebie-jeebies??? Then the final bit, and ... waa-LAA! Perfection!

Congrats!

~ honeybee33 ~

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home